Thursday, July 1, 2010

New York City + 6 years

It's a beautiful Thursday afternoon here in Ocean Beach as I rush to finish this week's work--the newspapers are delivered, I just wrapped up a lengthy interview with a journalist I've known for years about the controversy surrounding my latest Village Voice story and I'm looking forward to making a kale and yellow squash salad (and maybe even taking a much needed cat nap) before heading to Cherry Grove tonight.

I spent a significant amount of time last night and this morning thinking about what I have learned since I moved to Brooklyn six years ago. The insanity that has been my life over the last two weeks has made this contemplation appear less important at this very moment. That said, however, one thing remains abundantly clear as I acknowledge my sixth anniversary in New York: I am still in love with the city, and I remain immensely thankful for everything it has allowed me to experience and accomplish.

No comments: