Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More random ramblings

Boy in Bushwick is actually at home today as he prepares to attend the annual National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Convention in Washington. Congressman Ron Paul is on the "Brian Lehrer Show" right now, American gymnast Shawn Johnson finally won her gold in Beijing and Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf's resignation has observers pondering the future of the country's (and the region's) stability.

I celebrated my 27th birthday on Fire Island this past Saturday with a number of cocktails and toasts, a dinner with friends in the Fire Island Pines and other activities I care not to disclose on this blog. More than 3,000 people packed the beach in the Pines on Sunday for the third annual Ascension Party to benefit both the National Gay & Lesbian Task Force and the Fund in the Sun Foundation. The weather was beautiful and I quickly found myself dancing among the hordes of hot Chelsea boys, their admirers and even a Manhattan judicial candidate. This feat was amazing considering I had less than three hours of sleep the night before (again think back to those other activities I care not to disclose on this blog.)

My time on Fire Island is quickly coming to a close. The last issue of the Fire Island News hits the beach next Thursday, and the reality of returning to Brooklyn once again is fast approaching. All good things must, unfortunately, come to an end, but perhaps it came far too soon?

No comments: