Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Undercover police officer kills suspected gun trafficker in Bushwick

It was certainly anything but a quiet night here in Bushwick!

Police officials told the New York Times that an undercover NYPD officer shot and killed a gun dealer shortly after he opened fire shortly after 8 p.m. The incident took place inside a building at 193 Knickerbocker Avenue while the undercover officer was reportedly trying to purchase weapons from two men.

I came across the scene as I was walking home from a grocery store on Bogart Street. Officers were quickly cordoning off Knickerbocker Avenue between Jefferson and Troutman Streets, and dozens of uniformed and apparently undercover NYPD officers had already converged on the scene when I happened upon the intersection. Officers placed one handcuffed man into a police car, and a second man was brought out of the building on the corner of Knickerbocker and Jefferson. I also saw several young men who were also apparently handcuffed sitting along a chain-link fence on Jefferson. I arrived home on Jefferson Street around 8:30 p.m. after I walked down Melrose Street and onto Irving Avenue.

No comments: