Monday, December 1, 2008

Post-Thanksgiving Reflections

I'm back to Brooklyn after five days with my family and friends in New Hampshire and Boston, but the world honestly seems a bit different this mild December morning.

The images from the Mumbai terrorist attacks on Wednesday night served as an all too stark reminder this scourge remains an all too real threat to people around the world. Jdimytai Damour's tragic death at a Long Island Wal-Mart on Friday morning highlights the unfortunate effects frenzied American consumerism can have. And the economic crisis continues to unfold.

There remains much for which we can be grateful this holiday season. I am personally thankful for my health and for the fact I have a warm place to sleep at night. I remain blessed to have friends and family who love and support me. And I am happy I live in New York. These things continue to provide comfort in an ever-changing and often cruel world.

No comments: