Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A gay ride on the E train

New York remains, above almost all else, an exercise in how the little things can arguably go unnoticed--the corner barber shop in Bushwick, a sidewalk kabob stand or the palm trees in the middle of Times Square in the summer. Add to this mix ads from both the Ali Forney Center and Services and Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Seniors (SAGE) on the E train.

I spotted these ads on an uptown E train last night from West 4th Street to 14th Street. It was a cool and rainy evening, but seeing these ads from two organizations that continue to do extremely important work allowed me to forget for at least a moment the cold downpour that chilled me to the bone. It was yet another one of those New York moments that makes me feel as though I continue to belong here.

No comments: